In an emergency or marine distress situation, count on the reliability of Pains Wessex flare kits and hand smoke.
Used to indicate that help is needed and show your boat's location to a search vessel. State laws require boats to carry flare in waters. A requirement for any boat or ship safety kit, offshore and inshore kits are available, as well as poly bottles and grab bags for safe and convenient storage at muster points and crew areas.
Inshore Flare Kit Includes:
- 2 x Day Use - Orange Handsmoke
- 2 x Night Use - Red Handflares
Day Use Orange Handsmoke
- Visible for 60 seconds
- Colour of Smoke: orange
- Colour of cap: orange, a raised 'O' on the top cap enables this signal to be identified in the dark
- Length: 255 mm
- Weight: 230 grams
- Ignition: top-pull, yellow tab
- Net explosive content: Max 70 grams
- Visibility: 4 km at sea level (conditions may vary results)
Night Use Red Handflare
- Burning time: 60 seconds
- Colour of light: red
- Colour of cap: red
- Length 280 mm
- Weight: 176 grams
- Ignition: top-pull, red ball
- Net explosive content: Max 63 grams
- Light Intensity: 15,000 candela
2 red hand flares and 2 orange hand smoke flares packed in a heat sealed polyethene bag.
Please Note: Check your state and YA regulations for your requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Flares cannot be shipped interstate, due to government regulations on shipping of explosives. In-store Pick Up and delivery within Victoria only!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.